- 3/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted* (see notes)
- 3/4 cup organic granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (see notes for gluten-free option)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups vegan chocolate chips
1.Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Keep in mind that this recipe makes 3 dozen so you will need to bake multiple batches. See notes for freezing options.
2.In a large bowl, add the coconut oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, applesauce and vanilla, and mix well. Stir in the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until a dough forms. Lastly, mix in chocolate chips until well incorporated.
3.Optional: Set the dough into the refrigerator to chill. Since we are using melted coconut oil, the cookies on their own (unchilled) will be chewier and flatter cookies. If you would like the cookies to be higher (spread less) and more cake like, set the dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours.