- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup clam juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces halibut, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 pinch minced fresh rosemary
- Add all ingredients to list
- Prep25 m
- Cook25 m
- Ready In50 m
- Puree cherry tomatoes and clam juice in a blender until smooth. Press mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, green onions, garlic, anchovy, and 1 pinch red pepper flakes in a cold plan. Place over medium heat. Cook and stir until garlic and onions just start to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato mixture. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer stew until color deepens, about 10 minutes.
- Add halibut and shrimp to the stew. Season with salt. Increase heat to high. Cover pan and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley, basil, oregano, and rosemary. Pour stew into a warm bowl. Drizzle in remaining olive oil and sprinkle 1 pinch red pepper flakes on top. Serve with crusty bread.
- Any tomato product will work in this, but I really like cherry tomatoes here, since they provide a fragrant freshness you just won’t get with a can or jar. You do need to strain them after blending, but the few extra minutes of work will be well worth the effort.
- Fish stock or chicken broth can be substituted for the clam juice.
- Use any mix of white fish and shellfish that works best for you. If your shrimp is small, add it after larger chunks of seafood have already started cooking.
- You can use 2 tablespoons of any combination of the Italian herbs mentioned.
Per Serving: 672 calories; 34.1 g fat; 14.3 g carbohydrates; 76.3 g protein; 405 mg cholesterol; 922 mg sodium. Full nutrition
This Recipes from : https://www.allrecipes.com/