- For the sauce:
- 1-3/4 lbs chicken breasts cut into 1” thick strips
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (or more or less)
Line 2 baking sheets with foil then spray very well with nonstick spray and set aside.
Whisk eggs and milk in a shallow dish. Add 1/2 cup almond slices to a food processor then process until mostly fine crumbs and then pour into another shallow dish. Add Panko crumbs to food processor then process until fine crumbs and then add to almond crumbs. Season almond + bread crumb mixture lightly with salt and pepper.
Add flour, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to a large Ziplock bag then toss with chicken fingers until well coated. In batches, shake excess flour from chicken fingers then dunk into egg mixture, and then roll in almond + bread crumb mixture, pressing to make sure crumbs stick. Place onto prepared baking sheets then refrigerate for 20-30 minutes to let breading fully adhere – don’t skip this step or breading will fall off. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.