Delicious food and can be enjoyed at any time. A great family dinner with a tasty tropical twist.
- 4 thick-cut bacon slices, chopped
- 3 medium (about 3 oz.) shallots, thinly sliced lengthwise (1 cup)
- 2 pounds haricots verts (French green beans), trimmed
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
How to Make It
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium, stirring often, until crisp, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels using a slotted spoon. Do not wipe pan clean.
- Add shallots to pan; cook over medium, stirring often, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add green beans; toss mixture to coat. Cook, tossing occasionally, until shallots and beans start to soften, about 3 minutes. Add tomato paste; stir to incorporate. Cook, stirring often, until tomato paste starts to darken, about 2 minutes. Stir in broth, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is very tender and liquid thickens to a glaze, about 40 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve hot.
For complete recipes at : www.southernliving.comOpen