This Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles is a soul-satisfying fall or winter meal that the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 2 lb. boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat and cut into small cubes (you can also use 2 lbs. beef stew meat, cubed)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups beef broth
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 12 oz. bag wide egg noodles
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pat the roast dry with a paper towel. Trim the fat and cut into small cubes. Place the flour in a medium bowl. Toss the cubes in the flour. In a large Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the meat and season with the salt and pepper. Brown the meat on all sides. Remove the meat from the pan to a plate. Set aside.Add the onions to the pan and cook over medium heat until tender and lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook for one more minute.
- Turn the slow cooker onto high and add the meat, onions, beef broth, mushrooms and thyme. Cook for 4 hours or until the meat is tender. Then turn the slow cooker to low and add the egg noodles and parsley. Cook for an additional 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately in bowls.
Nutrition FactsAmount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Vitamin A 97IU 2% Vitamin C 5mg 6% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
|Fat 6g Saturated Fat 1g||9% 6%|
|Carbohydrates 38g Fiber 3g Sugar 2g||13% 13% 2%|