Once the meat is tender, it’s time to shred and serve. Don’t discard the flavorful cooking liquid. Keep the juices in the slow cooker and let them combine with the shredded meat.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 pounds of good quality boneless chuck roast
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 .tablespoon of kosher salt
- 1 .tablespoon of chili powder
- 1. teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 .teaspoon of onion powder
- 1. teaspoon of cumin
- 1. teaspoon of paprika
- 1 .tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced cilantro
- Season roast lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat tablespoon of vegetable oil to high, sear roast on both sides.
- Place boneless chuck roast in slow cooker and use seasoning to season on all sides. Add beef broth to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low in slow cooker for 8-9 hours, or until meat is fork tender.
- Once meat is tender, shred in slow cooker and serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a sprinkle of cilantro.
this recipe is sourced from: www.number-2-pencil.com