- 4 salmon fillets, skin on or off
- 1 pound (500 g) asparagus spears, wood ends trimmed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, (or juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (or 4 large cloves garlic, minced)
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped (or dried parsley)
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
EXTRA TO SERVE:
- Parsley to garnish
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven or barbecue (grill) following instructions below.
- Place each salmon fillet in the centre of one 12×18-inch heavy-duty aluminium foil piece. Divide the asparagus into 4 equal portions and arrange next to the salmon on each foil piece.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic and parsley. Pour the garlic/butter mixture evenly over each piece of salmon and asparagus; season with salt and pepper to taste, and top each pack with the parmesan cheese (about 2-3 tablespoons per pack).
- Tent with foil, tightly sealing the edges to prevent the butter being leaked, to create a foil packet.
For The Oven:
- Bake in preheated oven to 200°C | 400°F for 15 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness.For a crispy top, broil for 1-2 minutes extra until Cheese is golden.
For The Grill:
- Grill, covered on medium high heat for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness.OPTIONAL: For a crispy top, broil for 1-2 minutes extra until Cheese is golden.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges and garnish with extra parsley.
Serving: 340g | Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 404mg | Potassium: 1113mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1505IU | Vitamin C: 15.4mg | Calcium: 198mg | Iron: 4mg