RECIPE FOR RASPBERRY ZINGER POKE CAKE
HERE IS EVERYTHING I USED TO MAKE THIS RASPBERRY ZINGER POKE CAKE RECIPE:
- white cake mix
- Ingredients listed on the box to prepare cake
- raspberry-flavored gelatin
- hot water
- raspberry preserves (seedless is best if you can find it)
- Cool Whip
- shredded coconut
HOW TO MAKE RASPBERRY ZINGER POKE CAKE
- Bake the cake according to package directions using a 9×13-in. baking pan.
- After the cake has baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes. Using the handle end of a wooden spoon or a meat fork, poke cake every inch or so with the handle of wooden spoon or tines of meat fork halfway into the cake. There is no set number of holes, but you want plenty of places to fill. Mix the raspberry gelatin with 2 cups of hot water until dissolved. Pour the Jello evenly over the cake, trying to fill the holes as much as you can.
- In a small bowl, microwave the raspberry preserves until easy to spread, about 30 seconds. Pour the preserves over the top of the cake and spread evenly. Top with Cool Whip. Sprinkle the shredded coconut over the top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.