LEMON GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN THIGHS WITH ASPARAGUS are unbelievably easy to make.A recipe that is very easy to make and learn. To create a sense of familiarity in the family. In a delicious cuisine and an exciting taste. Hopefully it can be a dish that unites the family in the event thanks to God.
- 6 bone in, skin on or off chicken thighs
- Pinch of salt to season
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried Thyme (or your herbs of choice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed (or 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic)
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 5 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2-3 bunches of asparagus (about 24 spears), woody ends removed
- Preheat your oven to 200°C | 400° F. Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and dried thyme.
- Heat a large (34 cm or 13-14 inch) cast iron skillet (or heavy based oven-proof pan), over medium-high heat. When the skillet (or pan) is hot, add the oil. Sear the thighs, skin-side down, until skin is golden and crisp (about 4-5 minutes). Flip chicken and sear on the other side for a further 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in the pan. Add the garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Pour in the lemon juice, and sprinkle over fresh thyme leaves from 2 sprigs. Place another 2 sprigs around the chicken.
- Transfer skillet (or pan), to the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until completely cooked through. Add the asparagus spears to the pan during the last 12 minutes of cook time.
- Garnish with lemon slices and leaves from the remaining sprig of thyme. Serve immediately.
*If you don’t have a cast iron pan, don’t worry! Cook the chicken in a shallow casserole dish, dutch oven or oven safe pan. If you don’t own a heavy-based or oven safe pan, then cook in a normal pan, searing in batches if you need too depending on the size of your chicken thighs and the size of your pan. Then transfer chicken to a baking dish and continue cooking, following the recipe from there, until done. If you don’t want to sear your chicken first, simply place the seasoned thighs into a baking dish, add in all of the ingredients (lemon juice, fresh thyme leaves, garlic, etc), and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through. Add the asparagus on the last 12-15 minutes of cooking time. Then, broil for a further 5-10 minutes for a crispier skinned chicken.
Calories: 321kcal Senarai
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 116mg
- Sodium: 94mg
- Potassium: 629mg
- Vitamin A: 1
This article is sourced from : www.mastercook.com