When two worlds collide – Twice Baked Potatoes loaded with a creamy dreamy Jalapeño Popper filling. Food comas have never been more delicious!
- 4 large Baking Potatoes, stabbed a few times with a fork
- 9oz / 250g Streaky Bacon, cooked & chopped
- 5.3oz / 150g Cheddar, grated
- 5.3oz / 150g Cream Cheese
- 3 fresh Jalapeños, deseeded & finely diced (see notes)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Sour Cream, to serve
- Fresh Chives, to serve
- Coat potatoes in a drizzle of olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the oven at 356f/180c for 60-70mins, or until deep golden and fork tender.
- Once cool enough to handle, slice off the top (3/4 of the way up) and scoop out most of the centre, leaving a thin wall to keep the potato sturdy.
- Combine the filling with cream cheese, garlic powder, butter, a good pinch of salt and pepper (to taste) and most of your cheddar, bacon & jalapeños (save some to top).
- Evenly divide the filling among your potato skins, then top with your remaining cheddar, bacon and jalapeños. Place back in the oven at 430f/220c for 15mins or until the cheese turns nice and crispy.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chives.
a) Fresh Jalapeños – Jarred/pickled Jalapeños are NOT suitable for this recipe. I have tried and the brine soaks into the potato and gives an odd taste at the end.
b) Spice level – it’s really difficult to predict how spicy a jalapeño is going to be, in my experience they differ quite drastically. I’ve tested this recipe a few times and found 2-3 (deseeded) jalapeños hits the sweet spot. Not too spicy, not too mild. However please feel free to adjust as necessary i.e increase/decrease amount of jalapeño to preference.
c) Calories – without sour cream
Amount Per Serving :
Calories from Fat 490
% Daily Value*
| Fat 54.4g |
Saturated Fat 25.239g
| Trans Fat 0.443g |
Polyunsaturated Fat 4.151g
Monounsaturated Fat 19.143g
| Carbohydrates 67.81g |
Vitamin A 2250IU 45% Vitamin C 41.3mg35%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.Nutrition is based on the absence of salt unless stated as a measurement in the ingredients.
This article is sourced from: www.dontgobaconmyheart.co.uk