- 3 slices bacon
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound dried pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped onions, or to taste (optional)
- 2 green chile peppers
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Add all ingredients to list
- Prep15 m
- Cook1 h
- Ready In1 h 25 m
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add bacon and cook, 4 to 6 minutes, turning once. Add chicken broth, pinto beans, water, onions, chile peppers, garlic powder, salt, chili powder, cumin, and paprika. Close and lock the lid.
- Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 45 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, 10 to 40 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Remove bacon and chile peppers. Mash beans with a potato masher until they reach desired consistency.
Per Serving: 236 calories; 2.6 g fat; 38.8 g carbohydrates; 14.5 g protein; 7 mg cholesterol; 973 mg sodium. Full nutrition
sumber artikel dari: https://www.allrecipes.com