- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (7 ounce) can fire-roasted diced green chile peppers
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2/3 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced Anaheim chile peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Add all ingredients to list
- Prep20 m
- Cook40 m
- Ready In1 h 5 m
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add olive oil and chicken. Sprinkle with flour and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Turn off Saute function. Add green chile peppers, jalapenos, rice, tomato, onion, Anaheim chile, Cheddar cheese, salt, seasoned salt, and pepper; pour in chicken stock and mix to combine.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 18 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Cook’s Notes:
- If you are on a gluten-free diet, use cornstarch instead of flour.
- For a healthier option, substitute the white rice with 1 1/2 cups precooked brown rice.
Per Serving: 370 calories; 10.3 g fat; 48.3 g carbohydrates; 20.2 g protein; 47 mg cholesterol; 3135 mg sodium. Full nutrition