Tips for the Best Shrimp Boil Packets
- Be sure to double up on the foil when making the foil packets. One layer of foil isn’t enough!
- Feel free to add more or less Old Bay seasoning to suit your taste.
- Cut the corn and potatoes into even-sized pieces so they cook at the same rate on the grill.
Grilled Shrimp Boil Packets
- 1 lb baby or small red potatoes
- 2 ears corn, shucked and sliced into 1-inch thick disks
- 2 (4 oz) chicken or turkey cajun style andouille sausage links, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 Tbsp butter, diced into 1 Tbsp pieces
- 2 .. Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2tsp Old Bay seafood seasoningor more to taste
- 2 Tbsp choppedfresh parsley leaves
- Preheat a gas grill over medium-high heat to about 425 degrees*. Cut 8 sheets of 12 by 14-inch Reynolds Wrap Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil. Use two sheets of foil per packet.
- Place potatoes on a plate and microwave on high power for 1 1/2 minutes, rotate and microwave 1 1/2 minutes longer. Once cool enough to handle cut into slices.
- Divide potatoes among each of the four double lined foil sheets (layering ingredients in center), followed by corn, sausage and shrimp.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe dish in microwave. Stir in lemon juice, thyme and garlic. Divide butter mixture among packets drizzling about 2 Tbsp evenly over each.
- Sprinkle each with about 1/2 tsp of the seasoning. Wrap up sides of first sheet of foil, then place second sheet going opposite length and wrap while crimping edges to seal.
- Grill sealed side up about 12 – 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and shrimp have cooked through. Serve warm garnished with parsley.
These can also be cooked in the oven at 425 for about 15 minutes, or until shrimp has cooked through.
Nutrition Facts Grilled Shrimp Boil Packets
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 478Calories from Fat 225% Daily Value
- *Fat 25g38%Saturated Fat 13g81%
- Cholesterol 270mg90%
- Sodium 700mg30%Potassium 738mg21%
- Carbohydrates 30g10%Fiber 2g8%
- Sugar 5g6%Protein 34g68%
- Vitamin A 1015IU20%Vitamin C 24.8mg30%
- Calcium 194mg19%Iron 4.4mg24%
- * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
this recipe is sourced from: www.cookingclassy.com