Shrimp Foil Packets Ingredients
For these shrimp boil foil packets, you’ll need to following ingredients:
- Baby red potatoes
- Fresh corn
- Cajun-style Andouille sausage links
- Lemon juice
- Fresh thyme and parsley
- Old Bay sesoning
How to Cook Shrimp on the Grill in Foil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and prep foil packets.
- Cook potatoes in the microwave for 2 minutes. Cut into slices once cool enough to handle.
- Distribute sliced potatoes between the foil packets, followed by corn, sausage and shrimp.
- Stir together melted butter, thyme, lemon juice and garlic.
- Sprinkle the butter mixture over the shrimp foil packets.
- Seal the foil packets and grill until potatoes are tender and shrimp is cooked.
How Long Do You Cook Shrimp on the Grill?
Because the shrimp is sealed inside grill foil packets with other veggies, it’s able to be cooked for longer than if you had simply laid it directly onto the hot grill.
For these shrimp boil foil packets, I used large shrimp and wrapped everything in two layers of foil. In total, the foil packets were on the grill for 12 to 15 minutes, and the shrimp turned out perfectly!
Can I Bake Shrimp Foil Packets?
Yes! If you don’t have a grill or don’t want to turn it on, you can also bake these shrimp foil packets at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.