Perfect Roasted Potatoes Carrots and Green Beans! This simple veggie blend of potatoes, carrots and green beans is seasoned with a delicious garlic and fresh herb blend then roasted to deliciousness. It’s an excellent go-to side dish that pairs well with just about anything!
- Baby red potatoes
- Olive oil
- Fresh thyme and rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Green beans
How to Roast Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss together potatoes, carrots with 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, thyme, rosemary and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread onto a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven 20 minutes.
- Toss green beans in bowl with remaining 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, sprinkle with salt.
- Add to baking sheet with other veggies, add garlic and toss everything and spread into an even layer.
- Roast until all of the veggies are tender and slightly browned, about 20 minutes longer.
Tips for Roasted Vegetables
- Cut each separate type of veggie about the same size as each other so they roast evenly.
- Use olive oil so they don’t dry up.
- Season. Vegetables really benefit from a light seasoning, fresh herbs, spices, garlic, shallots, onions are all great choices. And don’t skip the salt.
- Vegetables vary in roasting time needed. So that’s why here we wait to add green beans because they don’t need as much time as larger and harder potatoes and carrots.
- Use a fairly high heat when roasting vegetables so they can brown and get a little color. Also a dark pan encourages browning so use one if you’ve got it.
Amount Per Serving
|Calories 217||Calories from Fat 72|
% Daily Value*
| Fat 8g |
Saturated Fat 1g
| 12% |
| Carbohydrates 32g |
| Vitamin A 15690IU |
Vitamin C 26.4mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
This article is sourced from : www.cookingclassy.com