- 6 slices bacon, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, or to taste (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Step 1Place bacon pieces in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels, leaving grease in the skillet.
- Step 2Cook onion in the bacon grease in the skillet until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts and toss to coat in the bacon grease. Cook and stir until browned and tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in sugar, salt, and black pepper; sprinkle in bacon pieces.
Per Serving:146 calories; 6 g total fat; 15 mg cholesterol; 379 mg sodium. 16.7 g carbohydrates; 8.3 g protein; Full Nutrition