- Long-grain white rice: Jasmine rice serves up a nice fluffy texture, but regular long grain is great, too.
- Chicken broth or stock: You could use water in a pinch, but the broth adds so much more flavor.
- Tomato sauce: An 8 oz. can makes this super easy.
- Chili powder: Don’t leave this out. The rice isn’t spicy, no worries! This makes the rice it’s beautiful orange color.
- Ground cumin: Cumin is the difference between Mexican rice and Spanish rice.
- Garlic salt: Again, don’t leave this out. It’s all about the flavor.
- Vegetable or canola oil: For toasting the dry rice at the beginning. An easy, but necessary step.
This easy Mexican Rice recipe is SO simple you’ll want to make it for all of your Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes! You can serve this perfect fluffy Mexican Rice (or Spanish Rice) as a side dish for all your Mexican meals! Taco night at home is a frequent occurrence and so Easy Mexican Rice is a side dish we often have with our Tex-Mex meals. Back in the day I used to buy the microwavable Spanish Rice packets for convenience — and because I didn’t have a good homemade recipe yet. Now I make this perfect Easy Mexican Rice recipe all of the time. My recipe for Mexican Rice doesn’t include any extra fillings, so your picky kids will also love it! This Easy Mexican Rice recipe is very versatile. The basic recipe includes no extra ingredients stirred in so that even your pickiest eaters can enjoy it. Here’s what you need: