- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Add all ingredients to list
- Prep5 m
- Cook15 m
- Ready In20 m
- Mix the cocoa powder and sugar together in a small saucepan. Stir the 1 1/2 cups milk into the saucepan until the sugar has dissolved. Place over low heat; slowly bring the mixture to a low simmer.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of milk together with the cornstarch in a small cup; slowly whisk the cornstarch slurry into the cocoa mixture. Continue cooking, whisking continually, until the hot chocolate reaches a pudding-like thickness, 2 to 3 minutes.
Per Serving: 169 calories; 5 g fat; 26.7 g carbohydrates; 8.1 g protein; 16 mg cholesterol; 83 mg sodium. Full nutrition