- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 leeks, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 small head cabbage, and thinly sliced
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning , or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- Add all ingredients to list
- Prep20 m
- Cook1 h
- Ready In1 h 20 m
- Heat butter in a large Dutch oven or heavy stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir leeks, onion, and garlic until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Add celery and carrots; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes. Add cabbage; cook and stir until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix water, salsa, ketchup, bouillon cubes, Creole seasoning, salt, and pepper into vegetable mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors blend in soup, 20 minutes. Add sausage to soup and simmer until cooked through, about 20 minutes more.
- Add canned green beans, bells peppers, or canned tomatoes with green chiles as desired.
- Beef bouillon cubes can used in place of chicken bouillon cubes.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 221 calories; 12.4 g fat; 19.9 g carbohydrates; 9.5 g protein; 27 mg cholesterol; 1522 mg sodium. Full nutrition
This Recipes From : https://www.allrecipes.com/